Tuesday 11 August 2009

Schumacher’s F1 return not to happen after all

schumacher back on track From F1Live.com 11/08/09:

After much media hype Michael Schumacher has announced that he will not be returning to the sport to replace the injured Felipe Massa in Valencia as hoped due to his ongoing neck injury.

"Yesterday evening, I had to inform Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo and Team Principal Stefano Domenicali that unfortunately I'm not able to step in for Felipe,” Schumacher stated on his personal website. “I really tried everything to make that temporary comeback possible, however, much to my regret it didn't work out.

“Unfortunately we did not manage to get a grip on the pain in the neck which occurred after the private F1-day in Mugello, even if medically or therapeutically we tried everything possible.”

Naturally, I haven’t taken the news particularly well and feel deprived that I won’t be witnessing Michael’s racing brilliance back on track after all. His motorcycle crash in February was certainly nasty and if his neck simply isn’t up to it, that’s the end of the matter.

I guess Schumi’s return was just too good to be true after all!

3 comments:

  1. I saw this on the news and thought you would be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm bitterly disappointed, Lost! The fact it coincided with a job rejection letter this morning hasn't helped either. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massively disappointed we won't be seeing the 'Big Gun' involved in the remaining proceedings! Top stuff with the blog sir, will be returning over the coming months!

    ReplyDelete