Friday 11 July 2014

I’ve never been in an Apple store

No, really – it’s true.

Not once.

Of course, I’ve glanced in whilst walking past, but I’ve never been inclined to venture over the threshold.  Apple stores always look too busy,  too full of blue t-shirted sycophants and scores of sugar-fuelled brats mauling every device they can, well, maul.  Call me odd, but that’s not an enticing environment.

Who knows – perhaps I’ll venture in some day and become another fly round the turd bee round the honeypot.

Still, this story comes as absolutely no surprise to me:

Apple store

Apple Store Headline

Of course they are.

You can read the full story here.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are ready for the Microsoft store experience. There is nobody in one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe... good one, Anon. Those empty Microsoft stores sound like bliss. ;-)

      Delete
  2. "As a result, the average revenue per Apple store per quarter reached $13 million, the highest level for a non-holiday quarter."

    You may not to become another, as you so snarkily put it "another fly around the turd" (crossing through it doesn't mean you didn't say it) but plenty do. So not sure what you are trying to prove with this article save that you're a smug lawyer who doesn't go into "trendy" stores.

    That's OK you can comment from the cheap seats, I don't think your personal absence from an Apple store is going to make much difference to Apple's bottom line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed - this is especially irritating when you actually want to purchase something/want help. Rather than just turning up and speaking to someone, you usually have to book time with one of the assistants who work there - I had to wait 30 minutes for someone to sell me a Macbook. I was going to buy one anyway but very nearly left the store out of boredom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I couldn't be the only one not to be mesmerized and suckered-in by Apple stores!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't agree more. Hah - I once walked in with a friend who bad-mouthed a product just as a customer was being sold by a store assistant. He did not look happy.

    ReplyDelete