Thursday 8 November 2012

College Students Present: How to become a solicitor

(Plus tips on rubbing your own belly for camera).  And that’s always a good thing, right? Be right back

And…. action!

Yes, this video extravaganza from a group of college students charts the training pathway involved in becoming a solicitor.  It seems like one needs:

1.  GCSEs,
 
2.  A levels,
(no previous knowledge of law is preferred)  Surprised smile (are universities really still saying that?

3.  Then a degree (a qualifying law degree or a non-qualifying law degree any old one will do when combined with the GDL,

4.  The legal practice course,

5.  And once that’s completed, a training contract for 2 years. 

Well, I’m glad they cleared that up.
Please tell me the careers advisor didn’t put them up to this?Thinking smile

Btw - hat tip to Legal Cheek for flagging this up in the first place.  (Never let it be said that I don’t give credit where it’s due.)

I took a particular interest in it when I realised the college at which this home video howler was filmed wasn’t a million miles away from where I used to live at one time.

I absolutely dread to think what this part of the syllabus making this video fell under.

Anyhow, I’ve spent the last few minutes snickering at the guy on the left who takes great pleasure (I mean really great, judging by the look on his face) at rubbing his own belly in the background. 

Become a solicitor zoomYeah baby

But he’s not the only one to get in on the belly-rubbing action.

Belly Rub Student

All we need now is for someone to pull a silly face.  Ah – there we go.

mmwahahaha

It’s strange how none of the girls partook in the silliness. Must be a maturity thing.Eye rolling smile

Wasn’t college just great? 

No comments:

Post a Comment